There’s a lot of Mila’s first that I’ve never taken the time to document, but this one really struck a cord with me. We went to a little fair in our town today, and Mila won herself a monkey in a “fishing” game… And as soon as we got to the car I hear her saying, “It’s Missy! My monkey, Missy!” when I asked who the monkey was she shouted back, “Missy!” Today was her first time naming a stuff animals. In the past she would only say what type of animal the stuffed toy was, (we have neigh neigh horse, daddy monkey and baby dog to name a few) but to have her little mind start to imagine a name to a character was really remarkable to me. It’s just these little glimmers of her ever building personality that make all this parenting stuff amazing.
- clementinesandmonkeys likes this
- ilikegooseberries likes this
- thesahmmy likes this
- kindnessandmischief likes this
- somamasays said: Baker ‘chatted’ on an old phone today, saying hello, explaining that he was cooking, that he pooped and then ended it all by saying bye. Full on conversation. He even flipped the phone shut. It was awesome.
- arborescent likes this
- happinessiseva likes this
- afoolishmother posted this